Issue 39 of The Lifted Brow is an incredibly eclectic mix of new work – featuring long essays, weird fiction, biting commentary, vibrant poetry, and as always so many pages of comics and visual art.
With a cover by renowned artist Jason Herr, Issue 39 of The Lifted Brow includes:
- the winning piece from the 2018 Prize for Experimental Non-Fiction: ‘big beautiful female theory’ by Eloise Grills;
- Leslie Jamison in conversation with Madelaine Lucas;
- essays by Nancy Lee, Lur Alghurabi, Nadia Bailey, Chantelle Mitchell, Bridget Lutherborrow, Phoebe Grainer, and Ainslee Meredith;
- fiction by Zoë Comyns and by Diane Williams;
- poetry from Hanif Abdurraqib, Mara Helal, and Mindy Gill;
- a conversation between Eileen Chong and Zeina Hashem Beck;
- fiction by South Korean writer Kim Yi-Seol, translated into English by Janet Hong;
- columns by Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Mark Dean, Jana Perković, Michael Dulaney, and Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex advice column;
- and comics and artwork by Lee Lai, Funmi Durojaiye, Leonie Brialey, Jose-Luis Olivares, Vendy Methodos, DW, Vincent Fritz, Georgette Stefoulis, Andrina Manon, Jingting Wang, Dewey Guyen, Franz Lang, Nadia Ingrid, Shay Colley, Michael Fikaris, Maria Yanovsky, Emilie Walsh, and Aaron Grech.