Issue 37 of The Lifted Brow is the actual real start to 2018 you’ve been waiting for – jam-packed with so much new Australian political and creative writing and artwork.
With a cover by artist Joanna Frank featuring day-glo pinks and oranges, this issue includes:
- essays by Jessie Berry-Porter, Eda Gunaydin, Lucinda Strahan, and Holly Childs;
- fiction by Tien Tran, Elizabeth Tan, Andrés Barba and Hannah Giorgis;
- poetry by Ali Cobby Eckermann, Michelle Cahill, and George Angel, as well as a suite of poems by Esdras Parra that have translated by Jamie Berrrout;
- a conversation between Ali Cobby Eckermann and Michelle Cahill;
- an interview with Teju Cole by Khalid Warsame;
- columns by Nick Taras, Mark Dean, Michael Dulaney, and Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex advice column;
- the most wonderful series on the topic of levity featuring Nayuka Gorrie, Tom Lee, Tanya Vavilova, Rebecca Slater, Josephine Rowe, Bobuq Sayed, and David Finnigan;
- and comics and artwork by HTMLflowers, Anna Haifisch, Lee Lai, Saehan Parc, Emma Kohlmann, Michael Theodorou, Leonie Brialey, Georgette Stefoulis, Meg O’Shea, Funmi Durojaiye, Tommi Parrish, Paul Rhodes, Eloise Grills, and Shay Colley.