In issue two, we get to grips with Britain at a time of unprecedented global attention. The stories and photographs inside stretch across the UK, throwing light on how Britain got to where it is today – and where it might be heading in the future.
- In London, we meet the changemakers at the forefront of the new wave of climate activism as the future of the planet competes with Brexit for attention.
- We travel to the exact locations of some of the most important events in Britain’s modern history to see them as they are today.
- We head to Port Talbot in Wales, one of Britain’s last surviving steel towns, to meet the people determined to see the town reinvent itself.
- In Bulgaria, we meet some of the British immigrants who have made one of the EU’s poorest member states their home.
- We journey to Scotland to meet the man who stole a symbolic stone from Westminster Abbey in 1950 and brought it back home in the name of Scottish nationalism, sparking a nation-wide manhunt.
- Across the Irish Sea, we travel to Dublin and Belfast – and the towns in between – to talk to people worried about the return of a “hard border” – and the possibility of armed conflict too.
- We head to Albania, a country hoping to join the EU as Britain prepares to leave, challenging the idea that geography alone can make one “European”.