The Obsession Issue
Sensations are fixed on things that don’t directly serve us positively — post-truths, comparative scrolling, bad behaviour and their un-cancellable effects. Enough is never enough. So, let’s redefine it.
Adoring the self and being grateful for one’s existing base-level dopeness is compelling and contagious — celebrating the success of both mate and match is illuminating.
This issue, we engage in conversations that urge this; we talk to people about passion and sexuality; we unpack things that consume us; we acknowledge what impresses us to the point of envy; we document what feels good; we thrive on fixation; we open our eyes and we see more.
- Natasha Lyonne in conversation with Carrie Brownstein, on real-life storytelling and real self-acceptance.
- Charli XCX and Kim Petras talk Eminem, being friends with fans and speaking through pop.
- Beauty features with models of the moment, including Gucci-face @buildabrat and Tess McMillan.
- Uncovering the mythology of LA legend Angelyne.
- Rico Nasty on being liked, being weird and being sexy. And so much more.
- Rina Sawayama on the shame and celebration of East Asian bisexuality.
- A conversation with Maria Koch, with Teddy Quinlivan shot by Dan Beleiu, in an 032c label special.
- Ana Kraš and Richie Shazam as model and muse for Collina Strada.
- Kenzo Takada on his colour revolution.