Fool #8 – Japan
Japan has a mythical status when it comes to food, a country where almost every contemporary chef finds inspiration and the home to the city with the most Michelin stars in the world. We have criss-crossed the country from north to south, east to west, looking for singular voices that can inspire others.
In this issue:
- We have profiled three restaurants in Kanazawa, a city on Japan´s west coast, 2,5 hours with Shinkansen from Tokyo. It is the first time any of them has been profiled outside Japan.
- We also feature Japanese influences outside of Japan, where award winning writer Lisa Abend met up with the guys behind Ernst restaurant. An honest story from a young restaurant changing the conservative fine-dining landscape in Germany.
- Chefs Andoni Luis Aduriz, Sean Brock and Thomas Frebel write about their personal relationships to Japan with incredible images by Raku Inoue.
- French feared food critic François Simon takes a look at the Franco-Japanese love relationship in “French Connection”
- Fuchsia Dunlop reveals the relationship between Japan and China in Japan Diary.
- We also reveal how the japanese mafia, the Yakuza, controls seafood trade, show what sumo wrestlers feast on to gain weight, pay an homage to Kyo Aji restaurant, spend time with chef, Shinobu Namae, drink coffee in Hokkaido and eat ramen in Tokyo.
- And throughout striking images, an original manga and illustrations from exclusively Japanese artists over 240 pages. Phew!
- And if that wasn’t enough you also get a free supplement, our Tokyo Guide by 10 insiders, 55 essential eating and drinking tips that will not break your bank.
Limited edition of 3,000 copies.